to much to say.

I set my hair in foam rollers a couple nights ago. I hadn't done it in awhile because, well, it didn't really turn out. More of an 80's afro. I was so frustrated.

I was quite happy today! Not perfect yet. When I started brush this time, it did the same thing, and I was terrified. I started wondering if it was the way I set it. But it really is all about the brushing technique! I had been scared to brush it to much, it seemed it would brush all the curl away, but if you brush against your hand, you can shape the curl.
Speaking of hair, my sister colored mine again around Christmas. I love red hair. I've always adored Anne (of Green Gables) and her natural red hair, freckles and green eyes. I never know how my sister gets my bangs to do that! they always end up to the side of my forehead.


 So a week ago I went to Goodwill with a couple of friends. Quite hesitantly I bought a dress. I think it may be from the 80's, although I really am not sure. It was a bit big, so I tied in tight in the back. Now i can't reach with my arms very far, and the sleeves are still huge.
 It came with shoulder-pads, which I am not particularly fond of. So I took them out. I had just read a blog post where someone was talking about over-sized bows, so it got me thinking.
I improvised. Yes, I still need to perfect it, see that bit of ribbon sticking out?
All my friends thought it was amazing that it was made out of a shoulder pad. I'm just glad they couldn't tell. :P 
See that knot?  When I have time I am going to work on making the ribbon look neater. I love those ^ barrettes. Not many people wear them, but they are so good at keeping my hair back!
I haven't gotten up the nerve to wear just the dress today, so I am wearing a skirt over it today. It may looks silly, and I still feel self-conscience. 
I was talking to someone yesterday about trend-setting and such. I do have a different style then most, and it shows. But I'd never be able to be a trend-setter. Rather then going forward in fashion, I go backwards. Although, fashion is a cycle, isn't it? I don't like sticking out too much, I fear what people will think or say. I can go to a certain point (which changes depending on the day's circumstances- for instance, being at youth dressed differently is harder then being around my friends), but I don't go to the extent I'd like to. I admire the people who go full-out, complete, vintage, and the people who dare to dress up often, and be abnormal. My perfect wardrobe would be vintage, a mix of vintage and modern, with a few casual pieces. I have to admit, I like to wear sweatpants and jeans on cold winter days when I'm just doing school at home. Another blog I admire is Liebe Marlene. So gorgeous! I wish I could have her wardrobe also.

-
Also, I just realized that most of my pictures are sideways. I'm sorry!




Comments

Popular Posts