habits

 1 Kings 13: 33 Even after this, Jeroboam did not change his evil ways, but once more appointed priests for the high places from all sorts of people. Anyone who wanted to become a priest he consecrated for the high places. 34 This was the sin of the house of Jeroboam that led to its downfall and to its destruction from the face of the earth.


Downfall and destruction; wiped from the face of the earth. Those are pretty heavy consequences. 


Jeroboam did not honor, love or devote himself to God. He was not passionate about doing right. He allowed/supported pagan temples in his kingdom.


If, as the verse begins, he had just turned from his evil ways... 


It makes me think about my evils ways. There are several sinful habits/choices I allow into my life. I know they are wrong, yet I continue anyway. I make half-devoted promises to change. 


I allow my stomach, my laziness, my doubts to rule. 


Habits aren't easy to kick, I always seem to forget that. 


Because God is the greatest, I want to live my life to please Him. I don't want to be only partially devoted.

Comments

Popular Posts