holiday dish

 Cranberry Salad is my must-have holiday dish. I love the pretty pink color, the tartness of the cranberries and the sweetness of everything else. I do not like most pies, and don't eat turkey, so these is my Thanksgiving staple.
                                                
                                                                  





I've been told it does not look very appetizing. It must be hard for me to see it, because I know how good it is! Although, I will admit there are a couple in my family who do not like it.


Cranberry Salad

1 pound of cranberries
1 can of crushed pineapple
1 cup sugar
1-2 cups mini marshmallows
1 carton Cool Whip

Drain well the pineapple juice out of the pineapple. In the meantime, grind the cranberries in a food processor, until pieces are pretty small and place in a bowl. Add the sugar and marshmallows and pineapple juice to the cranberries. Let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours. Fold in the Cool Whip and then serve.

Oftentimes I add about half the sugar, because I like it tart.

Do you have a must-have holiday dish?

Comments

Popular Posts