Prayer

Live has been crazy lately.  A loss of a friend, a broken computer and a pile of schoolwork has been keeping on my toes. I am a little sad that I miss my photo-a-day post, but I have my photos and will be posting soon.

In the meantime, I started a book called Talking With God by Francois Fenelon. Only a few pages in, and I feel like I have learned or been reminded of so much.


"The Spirit prays within us for those very things which the Spirit himself wills to give us.
Even when we are occupied with outward things, when our thourghts are drawn off by what our duties or position may require, we still carry within us a constantly burning fire which is not, and cannot be put out.
It nourishes a secret prayer and is like a lamp continually lighted before the throne of God. "

"To pray, then, is to desire or long for, but to desire what God would have us desire. He who asks, but not from the bottom of his heart, is mistaken in thinking that he prays."

"Love, hidden in the bottom of the soul, prays without ceasing, even when the mind is drawn another way."

What is my prayer like? I am afraid far from the picture Francois describes.
I desire to have this prayer.

Comments

Popular Posts