.decieving. calmness

Sent from my mobile. Enjoy.
_____________________________________________________________
 
When a gentle south wind began to blow, they thought they had obtained what they wanted 
 - Acts 27:13b 
 
Sometimes I feel as though I get lulled into a fake sense of peace. 
Everything is good : family is doing okay, I am happy with my job,
 with my relationships, with life, with school.  I have a faily regular routine.
 
 
 All of these things can be blessings. They are not really wrong or bad. 
Wasn't Jesus a carpenter for 30 years? He had family and a job. 
 
 Sometimes I push God to the side when I am overwhelmed. 
But just as often I don't seek God and his strength and wisdom, 
He isn't my rock, counseler, confident when everything seems perfect. 
 
 Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise.
 -Ephesians 6:15 
 
 I think the problem comes when I am striving for the average, sheltered, uninterrupted life.
 
 'They thought they had obtained what they wanted.'  (that doesn't have to mean I need constant adventure).
Rather, I want to never stop pursuing my great God, not a calm, perfect life. 

Whatever blessings he gives me, I want to thank Him for. Whenever trials come, 
I will seek and rely on Him more.  

Comments

Popular Posts