jumbled of thoughts

This will be a post that covers many things:

Speaking of many things, sometimes I wonder if my blog should have a more specific purpose, goal or focus. I cover everything from my thoughts, my friends, my outings, my outfits, food and faith. It seems so broad! I tell myself that this blog is just to look back on and to see my thoughts and pictures from different stages in my life...

Also, I am so sentimental. I love looking at the quaint towns and old buildings we pass on road trips. At the same time it saddens me. I sometimes wish I could have a job taking old buildings and renovating. I see so much history, value, uniqueness in those rotting structures. I don't see the abandoned, falling apart, lonely house as ugly or not even worth a thought. I see it holding a story that I want to know. I live in a neighborhood where all the houses tend to melt into one big menacing mass of brick.
This post makes me want to travel Route 66. I didn't now much about it before. Hearing of the crumbling road makes me long to go and see what it holds, before it is too late. I know that disintegration and growth is normal. (It was eye-opening when I was reading the old testament and realized how temporary nations are and how the U.S.A. is not perfect, of course, and not permanent.) I just long to know all the stories and history. I long to preserve bits of our past that has taken us where we are.

I ran 5 miles straight the other day, under 45 minutes! Second time I have ever run that distance.
 I remember 16 months ago joking with someone that I couldn't even run one mile. I wasn't kidding though; it was difficult and often impossible. Then I took fitness for life. I found out that I could run a mile. Looking at our final, I thought I had to run 3 miles - impossible! I realized I was wrong. Sometime last winter I got to the point where 3 miles was normal.
I hope the 5 mile mark becomes a normal distance to hit now! It is so awing to see the evolution of my running, and how much my mind factors in! I am thankful that I currently have the gift of legs and lungs.

School has been difficult to adjust to. I have been so tired from working that I don't have the focus and perseverance to get things done. My summer laziness might have something to do with it too. So far the workload hasn't been too difficult, but I need to pick it up or I will be in trouble. My computer app I added, StayFocused, has been wonderful! It has blocked me off facebook and bloglovin a few times now.

I am so excited to go and take some pictures; I have been forgetting to charge my batteries, or grab my memory card.

What little I know, and insignificant are my thoughts! I am going to end with this:

"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you!'

'Search me, O God and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way of the everlasting.'

Psalms 139:17-18, 139:23-24



Comments

Popular Posts