running

I love running.
In fact, I think it is up there with racquetball and ice skating.
That doesn't mean it isn't hard. 

Yesterday I ran 3 miles in a row. The first mile I ran in 6 minutes and 15 seconds! 2 weeks ago, I ran 5 miles in under 45 minutes, I believe.

I am documenting this so I won't forget, as well as for accountability.

You see, yesterday was the first time I've run in a couple of weeks.

Someday I would love to run a half-marathon.

In order to even start working towards that goal, I need to work on three things...

1) Pacing myself. I run faster then I think, and my competitiveness makes it difficult for me to slow down when I ought to. It makes it hard to run long distances.
2) Consistency. I will run a few times a week for awhile, then I will get swamped or very tired and put it on hold for too long. Even though running helps me memorize and clear my mind and helps with being tired! Even if it is a goal like running for 3 times a week and walking a couple other days, I need to stick to something.
3) Eating well. I can eat pretty well at home for my meals. As soon as I go somewhere though, or I don't plan meals for school/work, I am in trouble. Snacking and dessert always gets me too. At home, away, anywhere. So I need to learn to cut back on sugar and dairy for my running, to take care of the body I have been given and to feel better.  

Comments

  1. and sometimes when people run out of gas on the side of the road, she runs to their rescue!! super Beth!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts