a brook

 I don't want to be living comfortably, floating by and settling for 'routine', but I have been tired and empty lately. Thankfully I have a God who meets me where I am at and knows my every need. I love solitude, hiding where no one can find me. Going and serving is important, but even Jesus left the disciples and the crowds to pray on the mountainside and to spend time fellowshipping with God. God unexpectedly gave me a babbling brook to listen to, a stone to sit on and a sheltering wall of ivy to look at; He gave me a retreat. I was able to physically breathe freely just walking in. In sitting there and pouring out my heart, hurt, desires and cries, He was faithful and brought such peace and restoration.

I can relate to David; sometimes my soul is downcast and I have to tell myself to "put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God" Psalms 42:5b. Despite struggling at times though, I can continually have joy in light of the fact that I am living for my Father and for His eternal kingdom.... this earth and these troubles are temporary, just passing.


Today, God meet me where I was at. Who else can meet my deepest needs? Who else can provide such peace and comfort? "If you seek him, he will be found by you" - 1 Chronicles 28:9. He did lead me besides still waters and He did restore my soul. Praise my Father, my Lord, my Shelter and my Strength!

Comments

Popular Posts