more and more



James 5 speaks of prayer. "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

The word for prayer is 'deésis'... This word means 'petitions or supplications', however it is describing a heart-felt petition, a felt need that is 'personal and urgent' (biblesuite.com/helpsbible.com).

The word for righteous is 'dikaois', approved by God, in conformity to God's standard and will, in right standing with God.

This causes a problem, as Romans 3 says, no one is righteous! I know I fall short. Farther in the chapter though, God reveals his mercy and grace, 'This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. Acts 3:14 describes Jesus as the Holy and Righteous One, rejected by man.

God takes our faith and belief and counts it as righteousness.

"Open for me the gates of the righteous; I will enter and give thanks to the Lord." - Psalms 118:19.

We are made righteous through faith in Jesus Christ. God is holy and we have fallen short of His standard and His Will. Nothing we can do, none of our effort, can make us righteous and nothing we do can take away this righteousness since it isn't achieved by our effort. As a children of God, redeemed and made holy, our prayer is powerful and effective.


As I said, I want prayer to in every part of my life. I don't want to just wait till I find time, till I remember, till someone plans an event. No, make me faithful, diligent, purposeful.

Revival.

I want to see a rising of prayer warriors; my siblings, my friends, my generation on our knees, seeking God and asking Him to be with us,to guide us, to use us.  I hope to see us humbling ourselves before God in prayer, recognizing our need and who He is.






Comments

Popular Posts