freedom

I am called Beloved. I am part of His Bride. He choose me, pulled me out of the darkness and gave me hope. I was made new, I am His; He is beautiful, good, perfect.

A couple of days ago, I found myself once again slipping into comparing myself to others; wishing I had different strengths, abilities, personality.


There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 

1 Corinthians 12:4-7

I have been given the freedom to be different.  Why do I doubt? Why do I slip into the same dis-contentedness  God has given me abilities and gifts for His purpose, for the people and situations I encounter. For the call He has for me. Isn't that sufficient?  

I am also suppose to give others that freedom; instead of imposing expectations and requirements on them. It is all part of loving, what our ultimate command is. 

Comments

Popular Posts