freedom

I am called Beloved. I am part of His Bride. He choose me, pulled me out of the darkness and gave me hope. I was made new, I am His; He is beautiful, good, perfect.

A couple of days ago, I found myself once again slipping into comparing myself to others; wishing I had different strengths, abilities, personality.


There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 

1 Corinthians 12:4-7

I have been given the freedom to be different.  Why do I doubt? Why do I slip into the same dis-contentedness  God has given me abilities and gifts for His purpose, for the people and situations I encounter. For the call He has for me. Isn't that sufficient?  

I am also suppose to give others that freedom; instead of imposing expectations and requirements on them. It is all part of loving, what our ultimate command is. 

Comments

Popular Posts